This program has been designed to provide individuals with limited computer experience with the fundamental and practical computer skills that are commonly used in the workforce. Our instructor will provide you with the support and guidance you need to learn keyboarding, computer skills concentrating on Microsoft Word and Excel, and the ability to use the internet and email.
In order to prepare you for these positions, our program will offer:
- Keyboarding – learn how to touch type and/or improve your current typing speed
- Basic Computer - learn basic operations, terminology, and file maintenance
- Microsoft Word – discover the basics of creating Word documents
- Microsoft Excel – apply functions and formulas
- E-mail – send and receive e-mails and attachments
- The Internet – use the Internet as a powerful research tool (and to seek employment)
- Enhance your Resume using MS Word - learn practical skills to create professional resumes, cover letters and business cards.
- Job Search Preparation – use your updated computer skills to produce an impressive resume and cover letter and learn the skills needed for today’s on-line job market.