In this course participants learn how to develop employees and handle on-going communication provide feedback and support for employees. Participants learn how to coach, how to communicate effectively, how to conduct an appraisal meeting, how to help others to set goals in line with business objectives and how to motivate them to operate at peak performance.
In this highly practical course Participants will learn:
• What is performance management?
• What is the difference between modern and traditional methods and why this matters?
• What is involved in a performance management system?
• What should an appraiser do?
• What is 360 degrees feedback program and how can it help?
• How to set useful goals
• How to motivate an employee to follow and reach his goals
• How to avoid setting bad objectives
• How to make sure performance targets are consistent with business objectives
• What is a KPI and how does it relate to performance management?
• How to reduce apathy and encourage individuals to reach peak performance
• How to influence individuals by modifying their thought patterns using the latest research in behavioural psychology
• What reward systems help to boost staff’s performance?
• How to reward employees without involving money?
• How can ranking systems fail and what should you be aware of in the context of performance management?
• What is the best way to coach?
• What are the principles of coaching?
• What is the best way to coach individuals?
• How to coach for different situations (performance vs engagement)
• How to provide constructive feedback
• How to deliver praise
• How to provide feedback on difficult situations
• How to systematically help individuals to become aware of what others think of them and how they can reflect on this to improve their performance?
• How to hold an appraisal meeting
• How to prepare for the meeting as an appraiser or appraisee
• How to structure the meeting
• What to talk about at the meeting?
• What is the preferred order of topics to go through in an appraisal meeting?
• How to encourage openness
• What types of questions work best in an appraisal meeting?